Where are you now? Where have you been?

We had a lot of people asking us the same questions, over and over again.
Where are you? Where were you before Philippines? What's next? 

I don't blame you at all - I would have done exactly the same. We had a sort of fixed route between February and July but we changed it many many but so many times that yes it's confusing, even for me. This post is supposed to help everyone.

In order to help and influence other travelers but mainly to keep track of our own trip, we have been using a travel planner tool called Goosit.

Goosit in Halong Bay

Focused in the backpackers niche but not restrict, in its essence Goosit will help you plan a trip by offering you suggestions on what to do and showing you how to get there, by estimating the total costs of your trip and my favorite part is the fact that Goosit allows you to invite friends to participate in the planning! Are you curious to know how Goosit works? Watch this helpful video!

If you enjoy stats as much as I do, I'm sure you will also have fun with the information that Goosit compiles for you such as your costs per country, how many cities you have visit and how many Km you have travelled so far.


Are you curious to know where we have been in Asia? Check out our 3.0 Asia plan.
Are you curious to know what we did when we moved to the Americas? Check the 3.0 North And Central Americas and the current the SurAmerican plan.


As I write this post we are preparing to move on and continue exploring South America so our plan is not a real plan, or at least in the real term of a plan. Our plan is more of an unfinished book, that is constantly changing and in the writings.

I follow a blogger, an ex-lawyer, that quit her job to travel 7 years ago. Yes, Jodi is currently traveling for astonishing 7 YEARS! I have no intentions of doing that, (relax mom!!!) but I recently found this post where she talks about her ride and how she feels about the "What's next?" question.
I couldn't relate more.

"When people ask me what’s next I usually say “I don’t know”. Because I don’t. 
Because we rarely do anyhow, but when we choose a life that is so flexible, we know even less. All we have instead is the bag that is with us, the shoes on our feet, and the brainpower that pushes us to be what we want to be."
Legal Nomads, April 2015


Happy Goosit planning, everyone!

5 comments :

  1. hahahaaha ok, relax, I won't ask you this question again! ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahha!! You can still do it ;) :*

      Delete
  2. I was playing with Goosit yesterday by chance, using an upcoming trip to Japan as a canvas . I liked how easy it is to start, it was a bit trickier to add accommodation.
    Happy planning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use the accommodation functionality at all...I will pass that feedback to the team :) :*

      Delete
  3. I was playing with Goosit yesterday by chance, using an upcoming trip to Japan as a canvas . I liked how easy it is to start, it was a bit trickier to add accommodation.
    Happy planning x

    ReplyDelete